We enrol children into the following class groups:
Grade R class size of 20, these are children between the ages of 4 and 6 years old.
Grade 1 children turning 7 during their Grade 1 year are given preference.
Class sizes at FVPS are determined by the School Governing Body and are set at 25 for Junior Primary Classes and 28 for Senior Primary Classes
Due to the existing number of children already enrolled at Forest View Primary School, the number of vacancies is limited.
- Applications for 2022 are open from March 2021.
- Applications close at the end of September 2021.
- Application forms are available from the school reception from 07:30 to 14:30 only, Monday to Thursday, and Friday until 13:30.
- Completed application forms must be returned along with the required CERTIFIED documentation:
- Child’s unabridged birth certificate
- Child’s immunization card
- Most recent report from previous school
- Mother’s ID
- Father’s ID
- Proof of residence of the parent and child
- Proof of income of both parents
The criteria for admission by the School Governing Body will be applied.
The admission committee’s decision on acceptance/non-acceptance is final, and no further correspondence will be entered into.
On acceptance into the school, parents will receive a written letter of acceptance and a development levy (Grade 1-7) and resource fee (Grade R) will be payable.
An Orientation Day for new admissions is held the week before or during the week that school re-opens. An invitation will be mailed to parents.
Please see below for the current list of costs for this year. Costs for the following year are determined at the school’s Budget/ AGM every year in November.
School fees for 2021 are R 29 040.
Remedial Unit fees for 2021 are R 36 900.
Aftercare is an additional charge depending on the length of time required.