We enrol children into the following class groups:
Grade RR class size of 12, these are children who will turn 4 before the 30th of June that year.
Grade R class size of 20, these are children between the ages of 4 and 6 years old.
Grade 1 children turning 7 during their Grade 1 year are given preference.
Class sizes at FVPS are determined by the School Governing Body and are set at 25 for Junior Primary Classes and 28 for Senior Primary Classes
Due to the existing number of children already enrolled at Forest View Primary School, the number of vacancies is limited.
- Applications for 2020 are open from March 2019.
- Applications close at the end of September 2019.
- Applications forms are available from the school reception from 07:30 to 15:00 only, Monday to Thursday, and Friday until 13:30.
- Completed application forms must be returned along with the required CERTIFIED documentation:
- Child’s unabridged birth certificate
- Child’s immunization card
- Most recent report from previous school
- Mother’s ID
- Father’s ID
- Proof of residence of the parent and child
- Proof of income of both parents
The criteria for admission by the School Governing Body, will be applied.
The admission committees’ decision on acceptance/non-acceptance is final, and no further correspondence will be entered into.
On acceptance into the school, parents will receive a written letter of acceptance and a development levy (Grade 1-7) and resource fee (Grade RR and R) will be payable.
An orientation Day for new admissions, is held the week before or during the week that school re-opens. An invitation will be mailed to parents.
Please see below for the current list of costs for this year. Costs for the following year are determined at the school’s Budget/ AGM every year in November.
School fees for 2019 are R 26 000.
Aftercare is an additional charge depending of the length of time required.